Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Meet Skippy!

Skippy is our new little chihuahua! We've had her for almost two weeks now! When we got her, her name was Violet, but I wanted to call her something different. Finally, after almost two weeks of trying to figure out the right name for her, last night we decided on Skippy! We chose that name because when she starts playing and running around the house just as fast as she can, her two little back legs look like they're skipping! It's so much fun to watch and we'll all be laughing ourselves silly! Some of the other names we considered were Tinkerbell, Cupcake, Daisy, Lucy and Taffy, but they just didn't seem to fit her personality. 
She really is the sweetest little dog and so funny, too! When she eats, she will get a little kibble in her mouth .... throw it down .... pounce on it .... get it in her mouth again .... shake her head .... throw it again and do the same thing over before she finally eats it! (She only does that with a few pieces of food). 
Unfortunately, she belonged to a family that could not keep her anymore and they needed to find her a new home. Since, I've really, really, really been wanting to get a little dog, I decided to take her! She's 2 years old, doesn't chew on anything (except her toys) and is house broken! We've had puppies before and it's kind of nice to not have to go through that stage with her. We already have another dog, a White German Shepherd named Annie. Now Annie is a very good dog and plays with our neighbors little dogs and is gentle with them, so I knew she would be nice to Skippy. However, Skippy has already been trying to put Annie in her place and Annie has been very tolerant of her. Finally, after Skippy growled at her, Annie gave her a little nudge with her nose to say, I'm the boss here!
Skippy is such a sweet little dog! I'm so glad we have her!


Blessings,

9 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Ohhh, so cute and good for you! I have one too, only mine is black with white markings..a boy, we named him Zak and he is also a rescue...we love him so much. Skippy is the perfect one for your little girl! :D

Kim K. said...

Awwww...I just love happy endings. Skippy is just darling with your sweet girl. Wonderful memories are in the making. Congratulations!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Oh congrats on your new dog! How is she doing with her new name? She is adorable and your daughter looks so pleased with her. I feel bad for the family who had to give her up..I know dogs suffer a lot of feeling of loss. Dogs are so loyal...sometimes even when they shouldn't be. She looks so happy though--I can tell you will be a great new forever family!

Gina said...

Awww Skippy is just so cute! I can see that Jaclyn it crazy for him. What a happy smile she has holding him!

Gina said...

Ok, I just realized that my post has the gender all wrong! Sorry!

NanaDiana said...

My gosh- Is she cute! I love the picture f Jaclyn holding him...and that last photo is just darling. It IS nice to get one that is already housebroken. xo Diana

Ana said...

Oh Janet,
Skippy is soooo cute. I'm so glad she found a loving home with a family who I know will love and take good care of her. She is one lucky puppy. Wishing you a wonderful weekend...Oh! Our little Chihuaha Cookie says hi to Skippy:-)

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Julie said...

Such a sweet dog. It looks like your daughter is really enjoying her.

Judi said...

Hi Janet
Skippy is adorable and she her name suits her. It is nice to have a dog that is already toilet trained and has an idea of whats going on for sure. Jaclyn is adorage too. They must have fun together. Good choice I'd say.

have a great evening.
Judi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...