Thursday, July 26, 2012

An Unexpected Day at the Beach!

A few days ago, my husband and I decided to take our two youngest kids to the beach. It was very last minute and something we've been wanting to do, but just haven't been able to get away. Anyway, we're just getting settled in and here comes my sister Robbie and her family! We had no idea each other would be here! When you consider all the beaches in Southern California to choose from, and being at the exact same beach and exact same time, I think it's not a coincidence! My sister and I were able to spend the whole day talking and catching up, which we needed. She's been super busy because she has a daughter getting married next month!
Jaclyn and Holland are cousins and best buds!
Jimmy is trying to catch some waves, but they just aren't cooperating! 
My sister Robbie and I grew up in a beach town and spent most of our time hanging out at the beach when we were younger. We were just reminiscing, that as teenagers, we both had to be rescued by lifeguards during the same week one summer! 
The beach has so many good memories though, and today was a special blessing, a very unexpected one!


Blessings,

4 comments:

Sally@Enlightenment for the Sleepy said...

That's what I call serendipitous! you were meant to be there together. It must have been wonderful to catch up with each other without worrying about jobs/ housework/ errands. So thrilled for you. The children look like they're having a wonderful time too!, Sally x

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful day, Janet...and even more special because of the unexpected bonus of finding your sister there- I think God smiled on you that day! xo Diana

Shabby chic Sandy said...

What a beautiful day at the beach! Adorable children too :) Glad you had fun!

Kim K. said...

What a beautiful day. Such darling pics. Someday, I want my girls to visit an ocean. Our Lake MI feels like an ocean at times, but they need to experience the differences.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...