Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Before and After!

Recently, I found this jewelry cabinet at a yard sale for only $5.00. However, it was in pretty bad shape! My daughter, Jessica was with me when I found it and so I decided it would be fun to redo it for her. 
The mirror wasn't even attached and as I was leaving the guy who sold it to me ran up and handed me a bunch of knobs and screws that supposedly went with it! My husband put it all back together and added some new knobs.
I knew it had potential and was excited to see how it would turn out! Jessica definitely needed a bigger place to keep all her jewelry and stuff!
The paint color I used was Lyndhurst Duchess Blue by Valspar. It's the same color I used when I redid a little table from a roadside find last year. I primed it first, then used a finishing wax to protect it.
Here is the link to that post.

I'm linking to:
What's It Wednesday
Show and Tell Friday


Blessings,

14 comments:

SavannahGranny said...

Janet, That is a marvelous makeover. I would have never thought It would have come back together.
It turned out beautifully and you daughter must be excited to have a place to organize here jewelry.
Have a great evening,
Ginger :)

Julie Harward said...

How fun to do a project with your daughter! It turned out so so cute too. She will treasure it for years. Loved catching up with you! ;)

Karen said...

That turned out really nice! It's always fun to redo things with a little paint. Fun!

Gina said...

What a nice transformation! I love that you painted it a pretty blue for your daughter.

Kim K. said...

What a fabulous transformation. It's definitely something she'll treasure forever. A lady can never have enough jewelry!! Hugs.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Wow--$5 is awesome! That piece looks lovely now. Good job!

NanaDiana said...

It looks awesome. I'll bet your daughter loves it. Doesn't even look like the same piece- xo Diana

Rosetta said...

Bellissimo!Così azzurro!Rosetta

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Oh la la what a magical transformation!
It looks so pretty in blue and your daughter just may have to buy some more jewelry to fill it up :-)
Cheers,
Lynn

Tara said...

Just gorgeous,I love the colour.
Please pop over and visit as I'm having a giveaway..xx

Debbie Kay said...

You are just too amazing Janet. I love what you did with it, made it YOURS.

Love & smiles,

Debbie

Debbie said...

Wow! this is very nice. I bet your daughter loves it!!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

janet,
I stopped by again to say Thanks for your kind comments on my Craft room and I saw this post! I have a jewelry armiore and this is a great idea as to what can be done with one. LOVE it!

Hugs,
Deb

Ana said...

Beautiful transformation Janet. I can't believe you only paid $5 for it. Woo whoo! Way to go.

Hugs and Kisses,
❤Ana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...