Saturday, July 14, 2012

My Table Has A Song!



Here's the "after" photo of another yard sale find I picked up for $5.00! The top was really warped and I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do with it. So I browsed through Pinterest and found some vintage inspiration!


Here's the before photo! 
My little dog Skippy is trying to help me, actually she wouldn't move out of the way while I was trying to snap this photo. I think she wanted her picture taken because she looks like she's posing!
This was a super fun project and didn't take too long, which is the part I liked best! I used a paint and primer all in one, and then just applied mod podge to attach the vintage sheet music. I finished the top off with a satin vanish.
Since I just redid the jewelry cabinet for Jessica, I thought this would be perfect for my daughter Jaime. She plays the piano and loves the vintage look (just like her mom)!

I'm linking to:




Blessings,

18 comments:

Gina said...

This looks beautiful, Janet! I really love the sheet music top. What an excellent tranformation and to think, you only paid $5.00 for it!

Julie Harward said...

WOW, it is really pretty, and the things you have on it looks perfect with it. Skippy is a cutie, I have one too but mine is black. :)

Kimberly said...

Janet, I love the table ... verly lovely! Your Skippy remind me of my Trinka (only she's black) ... I bet she's always helpful, right? ;) Thanks for sharing!

NanaDiana said...

So, so, so cute, Janet. I absolutely love it. Skippy is pretty cute, too! xo Diana

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That looks so pretty--great job!

mylittlecottage said...

nice post thanks for sharing looking for to visit more...blessings

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

This is such a great transformation! I too have been having a good time with sheet music but I really love using it on a table top!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Hugs,
Debbie

Kim K. said...

What a super transformation. Love the touch of sheet music.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh I love it. I have that same plant stand, how fun to see it redone. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Liz said...

I love your little table! And your vintage books are the perfect touch!
DARLING!

~Liz

Liz said...

PS.... I forgot to mention... I love your blog and I'm your newest follower. I hope you will come by and say hi! :)

~Liz

Lizabeth @ Infuse With Liz said...

I love it! My table has a song!
What a great look and you really salvaged the table nicely!
Great job and Skippy is adorable!

Homa Style said...

Dogs are funny that way. Love the look of your table. I have been going through different white paint colors. What color did you use on the table.

Ana said...

I want to go garage saling with you next time, okay?
Hee, hee, hee. You find the best treasures at the best prices. Another awesome transformation...I love it Janet. Wishing you a great evening. Doggie kisses for Skippy from Cookie :-)

Much love,
❤Ana

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Love this little table. The sheet music is the perfect touch! Skippy is so cute!!!

KaReN EiLeeN said...

So pretty. What a huge difference. I met a lady once that used her grandmother's hand-written recipes for projects like this...

Suzy said...

Super cute idea! Great job.

Debbie Kay said...

Janet,

I must come visit with you and tag along to all the amazing yard sales you hit. I love what you did with that table.....very sweet!

Smiles,

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...