Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Vintage Themed Reception

 It seems that weddings today are using lots of vintage props. So, I borrowed some things from my home to add a vintage touch to the wedding I decorated for my niece Raeanna and husband Stephen. The typewriter was borrowed from my husband's office and I used Mom's Typewriter font to print the Scripture that's in the typewriter. 
Since there is a long entryway as you walk into the reception room, we had two tables set up for displaying some of the bride and groom's mementos. On the first table, we placed the guest book for everyone to sign as they walk in. The bride and groom had a book made using their engagement photos and even had places for their guests to sign in it. I thought this was a very clever idea!
Using a vintage suitcase for cards is an idea I've seen on Pinterest. It's kind of hard to see, but I made a vintage luggage tag with "Maui" written on it, which is their honeymoon destination! The vintage suitcase belonged to my grandmother.
This is the second table and was borrowed from my sister Robbie's home.      
I love using chalkboards because there are just so many cute sayings to write on them! The tree trunk was left over from all the rounds used for the centerpieces on the tables. I thought it would be a cute idea to carve out a heart, then add their initials. My husband had to help me do this! I think the tree could easily be used later as a little side table in the bride and groom's first apartment. Their last name begins with a "W"!
It was a lot of fun decorating for this wedding! My two daughters Jaime and Jessica helped so much and came up with many of the ideas. They both have been interning with an event stylist this past year and have learned an incredible amount! They are also learning to do flowers and even head down to the L.A. Flower Mart at 4:30 in the morning to buy all the flowers for the weddings they're working on! Jaime helped with a wedding a few days ago and made all the corsages! They are hoping to have an event styling business someday and maybe this wedding will be the start they need!


I'm linking to: Show and Tell Friday!


Blessings,

5 comments:

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Janet,
Absolutely lovely! I love the tables and all the vintage items used. Also that you were able to use family keepsakes like your Mom's typewriter and suitcase from your Grandma.The girls did a beautiful job helping you and how fun for you to share such a special day of decorating with them, the perfect Mother and daughter team...
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Kim K. said...

All the little touches are just precious. That tree stump with their initials is a fabulous keepsake. You certainly outdid yourself.

Gina said...

I think the momento tables are just the sweetest idea! They looked so pretty. I love the tree stump. It was so clever to carve their initials in it. You thought of everything!

Julie Harward said...

Hi Janet, oh my gosh, you did a great job here! I love all the cute ideas, the little suitcase for cards, great idea! I have an old typewriter just like that too. Catching up here has been fun. I am not blogging much, it's a busy time here! :)

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

You had all the perfect vintage touches... typewriter, suitcase, carved initials! Great ideas using special items!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...