Friday, September 28, 2012

Another Before and After!

 I found this little drawer at a yard sale for $5.00. It's only about 2 feet tall.
 I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with it at first or even what I would put in it. I thought I would probably paint it or something, but then realized my husband could really use this in his office. So it stayed like this for awhile in his office.
Suddenly, I had an idea ( probably from Pinterest) to add some vintage book pages to the drawers! I got out the mod podge and went to work! Since my husband's office is very vintage, book pages seemed to fit quite well.  Here is a link to a previous post about our library/ home office.

I've had some really busy months lately and I'm hoping things will settle down soon and I can do some more projects around my home. I've also been working quite a bit as a substitute teacher. I just pulled out all my fall decorations and am slowly getting my home all decorated for fall! With the hot and humid weather we've been having here in California, it's been really hard to get into a fall mood....at least it's cooling down at night!
Hurry up fall! I miss you!

I'm linking to: Show and Tell Friday


Blessings,

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Janet...what a super idea...I love the vintage book pages on the drawer fronts. Well done!!!
Have a great weekend!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

The vintage book pages look perfect with this project!

Jeanne said...

Absolutely a one of a kind item now! So cute!!

Kim K. said...

The vintage pages totally make the card catalog drawers PERFECT.

sandy said...

Great idea! The drawers look very "vintagy"!

Bethany@http://thislittleestate.blogspot.ca/ said...

I love the paper you used. The before reminds me of the ones they use to have in libraries filled with little cards for each book. I love that you used paper to reference the card catalogue!

First time here, cant wait to look around.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

You found the perfect way to give those little drawers some vintage appeal. Great job!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...