Monday, September 17, 2012

Carrot Cake - A Family Favorite!


I've been making this Carrot Cake recipe for my husband on his birthday every year since we're been married! He just celebrated his birthday and we've been enjoying this cake for the past few days! I've forgotten just how yummy it is, since I only make it once a year! So, I thought I would share this recipe for my husband's absolute favorite cake! 


Carrot Cake


1 1/2 cups oil
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
Mix above ingredients. 
Add 2 cups flour, 2 tsp. baking soda, 1 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. cinnamon
Add 3 cups grated carrots, mix together 
Put in 2 round cake pans. (I butter & flour the sides of the pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper so they won't stick). 
 Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.


Cream Cheese Frosting

1 - 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup butter
 2 tsp. vanilla
1 box powdered sugar
Mix together.



Blessings,

4 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Thanks for posting this--it is my family's favorite too--much I always buy it at the bakery. I am going to try this!

Kim K. said...

I love carrot cake but I haven't made it in years. Thank you for sharing the recipe. I hope you had a wonderful time celebrating your hubby's birthday.

Gina said...

I'm glad you shared the recipe, because I love carrot cake!

Happy Belated birthday to Leo!

Susie said...

Janet, Thank you for the recipe. Yummy carrot cake. That is why it's so special, you make it for your husband. Hug him Happy Birthday for all of us. Smiles, Susie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...