Sunday, September 9, 2012

So Vintage Disney!

A few days ago, my husband and I celebrated our 32nd anniversary!!! We decided to go to Disneyland, by ourselves without the kids! After all, that is where we met! We both worked at the Golden Horseshoe Revue in Frontierland, where Jim was the stand-up comedian and I was a waitress! We have so many fond memories of Disneyland and it was fun to reminisce! In fact, Jim asked me out on our first date standing right in front of the Golden Horseshoe!
We ate lunch at the Blue Bayou and ordered the Monte Cristo sandwiches for old times sake! I was taking lots of pictures and was especially having fun snapping photos of all the vintage signs found around Disneyland and California Adventure! This sign is from Disney's California Adventure Park.
So very vintage!
Welcome to the new Cars Land!
This vintage style sign of "Flo's V-8 Cafe" is found in the new Cars Land! Which I love, by the way!
 
It makes you feel kinda like you stepped back in time!
Cars Land is so very vintage Route 66!
We'll be heading back to Disneyland soon and this time will be taking our two youngest kids along! They still can't believe we went to Disneyland without them!
Thirty-two years ago!
I guess you could say we are so vintage Disney, too!


Blessings,

8 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

How fun! I love that Cafe sign--what awesome colors! The old picture of you and your husband is adorable.

Kim K. said...

Love the vintage signs...especially the Route 66 collection of signs. Happy Anniversary! Such a sweet picture of the two of you.

Gina said...

What a cute post! Happy Anniversary to both of you! I loved seeing Vintage Disney and the sweet photo of you & your husband.

NanaDiana said...

Happy Anniversary! What fun, Janet. You were/are a beautiful couple. What a sweet walk down memory lane for you and your hubby. Blessings- xo Diana

Ana said...

Happy Anniversary Janet! What a sweet post and such a sweet way to celebrate. Love the " vintage" picture of the both of you. Soooo cute.

Hugs and Blessings,
❤Ana

Amy Jo said...

Happy Anniversary!! I love the old picture.

Many Blessings,
Amy Jo

Debbie Kay said...

Ohhhh Janet, how sweet. I love that little story about how you met. So adorable.....just like you!

Hugs,

Debbie

Jeanne said...

My husband and I did the same, went to Disney World without any children or grandchildren just this month for his 65th birthday. I grew up in California and so Disneyland was our childhood amusement park back then. The Golden Horseshoes Review was always a priority and we never missed it. What a great story for you to tell on how you met!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...