Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pretty Pink Depression Glass

I've always had a fondness for pink Depression Glass! 
Recently, I found a few pieces to add to my rather small, but growing collection. This little beauty caught my eye the other day while I was browsing through my favorite antique mall, "Granny's Attic" in Temecula, CA. It's the sweetest little creamer, but unfortunately the matching sugar bowl was missing. 
A few days before I found the creamer, I was out yard sale-ing and happened to find six Depression Glass dessert bowls. They weren't marked and when I asked how much they were, the lady said $5.00 for all of them. Well, I couldn't hand her the money fast enough! 
This pretty vintage Depression Glass cake plate belonged to my Grandma. I've had it for many years now and I treasure it very much! I've been using it in my bedroom to hold vintage perfumes.
This sweet Depression Glass plate was a yard sale find from several years ago and was only $1.00! 
I bought these Depression Glass goblets and dessert bowls a long time ago when they were brand new. They're from the 1980's and were made in France. Sadly, I only have two dessert bowls left. Well, that's all I have in my collection for now, but I'm hoping to add to it and will be keeping my eye open for some more pretty pink treasures!

I'm linking to:


Blessings,

10 comments:

Amy Jo said...

A very beautiful collection. I have a few pieces from my great grandmother. I have never found them as cheap as you have. They are always priced high.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Rosetta said...

Bello tutto bello e delicato!Baci,Rosetta

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love pink depression glass--so pretty!

......Michele @ Portlandia Vintage said...

Your pieces are so darling and you have presented all so elegantly!

Kim K. said...

Beautiful pieces. I'm especially smitten with your dessert bowls. What an amazing price too! My mother has quite the collection and I always look forward to dinner on her special plates.

Doni said...

Hi Janet! I'm in love with pink too, so your glass pieces are just so joyful to see! LOVE your Grandma's cake plate with the perfume bottles! It raises the stack and makes a statement! I must try this...now to find a PINK cake plate!
Thanks so much for joining us for Pearls and Lace Thursday!
Blessings, Doni

Julie said...

Granny's Attic is one of my favorite antique stores! Every time I drive down to visit my sister in OC, I insist we go there.

Love the pink depression glass. Of course, I have a fondness for anything pink.

20 North Ora said...

Janet - You have some lovely finds. My Mom had over 2000 pieces of pink depression glass. She loved each and every pattern. She started each of us girls with a pattern but none of us chose pink. It is so pretty tho.

Judy

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What a beautiful collection of pink depression glass!!

I have several pieces myself...

Hugs,
Debbie

Debbie Kay said...

So pretty Janet! I love Granny's Attic too, my husband loves to roam that place every time we go to Temecula.

Smiles,

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...