Monday, November 5, 2012

Birthday Week!

Happy "21" Birthday, Jessica!
Last week we celebrated four birthdays in our family! It was such a whirlwind of cakes, presents, cakes and more presents!!! We started out with my son Jimmy's birthday. He turned 14 and is getting so big and is now officially taller than me! Jimmy announced he would rather have a giant chocolate chip cookie instead of birthday cake. That was fine with me because it would mean one less cake that week! I just made a batch of cookie dough and then spread it all out on a cookie sheet!

My birthday was the very next day! I woke up to my kids singing "Happy Birthday" and bringing me breakfast in bed! My husband took me out for lunch and then let me pick something out from our local antique mall! I found the most beautiful and amazing... well, all I can say is that it deserves a post all of its own, so I'll share about it next time! By the way, my cake was German chocolate made by my sweet daughter, Jaime!

 The day after my birthday was Jessica's birthday! As you can see in the picture above she is now 21 years old! (Please ignore my messy kitchen)! We weren't able to celebrate her birthday until the weekend when she came home from college. But, then that was Jaime's birthday! 
I made an ice cream cake for Jaime. 
Now, I know there are much better tutorials out there on how to make an ice cream cake, but it's really pretty simple to do. Soften ice cream and spread in cake pans lined with plastic wrap. Freeze and then the ice cream will lift right out of the pans. Keep in freezer until ready and then use the cake pans to bake the cake.
Assemble quickly and frost!
Having three kids born at the same time of year and especially next to my birthday was definitely not planned! I'm not that crazy! But, I think I am crazy now after this whirlwind week of birthdays!


Blessings,


4 comments:

Kim K. said...

Birthday blessings to all 3 of you!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Happy Birthdays to all of you!!! What a special week for your family!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to all of you! The ice cream cake looks great!

NanaDiana said...

Birthday Congrats to everyone. That's a lot of birthdays in one week- xo Diana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...