Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Vintage Radio Cabinet

The other day, I found this antique radio cabinet at our local antique mall. My sweet husband said I could pick something out for my recent birthday! I think he had in mind something a little bit smaller and cheaper, but we both agreed that this needed to come home with us.
I have seen vintage radio cabinets out in blogland, but had never found one at an antique store that wasn't priced way too much! I think they are just so interesting and especially like all the cabinets and drawers for displaying stuff! 

At first, I planned on painting it white, but I'm not sure about that now. I think I'll just keep it this way for the time being. Of course, there isn't a radio in it anymore, but I have to wonder where this has been and what radio shows someone once listened to long, long ago. 

I'm linking to:


Blessings,

12 comments:

NanaDiana said...

I had a similar one many years ago and when I moved I gave it to my best friend. I LOVE yours-xo Diana

Kim K. said...

A perfect birthday present. It will be so fun to see all the different ways you'll dress it up.

Amy Jo said...

Beautiful!! what a great present... By the way I love your new blog header..

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Melissa Anderson said...

What an amazing find! It looks beautiful, and it being a birthday present makes it even more special.

Gina said...

Beautiful piece! What a wonderful treasure! You have to just sit & wonder the history of it.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

It is so pretty--a really nice piece. I think it would look fantastic white but it looks pretty as is too.

Christy said...

Thanks Janet for stopping by Dora's cottage! I will enjoy reading your sweet blog! christy

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Such a sweet piece, Janet! It has found the perfect home!!!

Ana said...

Oh Janet, it's absolutely beautiful. What a sweet hubby you have. Awesome birthday present.

❤Ana

Carol said...

I'm so glad you visited my blog & left a comment. I look forward to following you here & on Pinterest.

You radio cabinet is beautiful! What a great birthday gift from your hubby.

Smiles,
Carol

Rooms by Ann said...

It is a beauiful birthday present. I do the same thing with my hubby.This way everyone's happy.

Sherry said...

Such a pretty cabinet! Thanks for joining HSH!
Sherry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...