Monday, December 10, 2012

Oh Christmas Trees, Oh Christmas Trees

This is our new Christmas tree! 
I found this 9 ft tree at a yard sale this past summer. I wasn't really looking for a Christmas tree in the summertime, but when the lady at the yard sale asked me if I would like a free Christmas tree, I said okay! She went on to say that she needed to get rid of it and just couldn't put it back in her garage. It seems like it was barely used and the box said $199.99! That is such a blessing!
It fits perfectly in our living room!
This is the tree in our family room. 
While I was putting it up, I got an idea to set it in the vintage ice cream maker I found last summer at another yard sale. I'm really pleased with how it turned out!
I also have to share this adorable little candle holder my sweet friend Sue gave me! It's made from a tea cup and saucer!


I think it's so cute and I just love it! Thanks, Sue!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas Season so far. 


Blessings,

10 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Janet- What a great tree! Well, both of them actually...but I love the fullness of that free one- xo Diana

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That candle is such a simple idea and so pretty! I love your free tree--I honestly thought it was real. Looks lovely. The other tree in the icecream bucket is just adorable!

Kim K. said...

What a gorgeous tree and the ice cream bucket for a stand is brilliant! Gorgeous pics.

Amy Jo said...

Wow! I love it when you get something for free. It makes it even better. Your cottage is so cute. I love the xmas tree in the ice cream bucket. That was a great idea. All of your vintage looking ornaments look adorable on it.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

April Dunlap said...

Your new tree is just gorgeous! What a great "deal"!
I love your other tree and the little white cupboard, too, and that candleholder is SO sweet. What a great idea!
Merry Christmas!

Ana said...

Oh Janet your trees are beautiful. Love the idea of the tree in the ice cream bucket...and that cup and saucer candle holder is super sweet. Love it! Sending you a big warm hug.

❤Ana

Kadee @KadeeWillow said...

Lovely touches! And you reminded me about the Christmas tree I saw at Goodwill. I'm sure it's gone by now but it was pre-lit, 9 ft tall, and in great condition. The price? $49.99! I told my husband about it but maybe after leaving this comment I will call to see if it's still there! By the way, I am your latest follower! Looking forward to seeing what you're doing next!

Cheryl said...

Wow... what a beautiful "free" tree :-) I am sure she was delighted to see it going to a good home :-)
big hugs,
Cheryl

Julie said...

Your house looks so beautiful, Janet. That free tree looks just fabulous. I thought it was real! And the other tree in the ice cream bucket looks so cute! I love getting to peek inside other people's homes to see their Christmas decor.

Julie Harward said...

I love the teacup candle holder...and yah for a 9 ft. tree, so cute what you did with it too. Merry Christmas Janet, to you and yours. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...