Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Chevron Laptop Cover

I just wanted to share this laptop cover I made for my daughter Jessica's computer. As you can see, she is really into chevron right now!
 Jessica bought the chevron fabric and mauve color lining at Hobby Lobby and then asked me if I would make one for her! I wasn't quite sure how to go about making it since I've never made a laptop cover before, so I checked out a few tutorials on youtube. I first made a pattern of her computer because she was heading back to college and taking her laptop with her. I wanted to be sure it would fit! I also used some batting to make the cover softer and velcro to keep it closed.

 For a little embellishment, we attached the little fabric rosettes and lace (my other daughter Jaime made these) with a glue gun. When Jessica came back home for the weekend, she was really happy with how it turned out! In fact, I now have many requests from her friends to make one for them!

I'm linking to:


Blessings,

12 comments:

Kim K. said...

Very pretty and functional. I'm sure she loved it.

Gina said...

You did a super job! It's so pretty!

Judy K said...

You did a beautiful job. I love the chevron. I would love for you to come and link this up to my Winter Blues Wednesday party that opens tonight at 8pm EST. Hope to see you there.

NanaDiana said...

That's cute cover. You did a great job. I need to amke one for my own laptop...so I don't have to carry that big bulky case I have been using- xo Diana

Cheryl said...

This is so pretty. I just happen to have some chevron fabric leftover from my daughter's room makeover - maybe I'll try to make one for her. Thanks for the inspiration.

Penny Phillips said...

Your gorgeous laptop cover has inspired me to make one for mine! Hugs, Penny

Ivy and Elephants said...

This is really pretty. So sweet that she asked you to make it for her. I love the colors that she chose. Looks like you're going to be kept busy for a long time!
Hugs,
Patti

Jamie -Better With Age said...

This is adorable! Love that it's padded too ;) I'm a new follower

Kadee @KadeeWillow said...

Well, I am impressed! For not having made one before, you did a fabulous job! Love the chevron pattern, too, and applause for thinking of adding a batting filler. You know they end up landing on the floor at some time or other, right??! ;-)

Ana said...

It turned out awesome Janet. I love that it's padded. Great job!

Thank you for stopping by and for always leaving me such sweet and kind comments. Wishing you a wonderful new year.

Hugs and Kisses,
❤Ana

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

That is the perfect cover and so pretty too!

Debbie Kay said...

Oh Janet, that is ADORABLE. I need one of those for my laptop. I always just slide it under the couch when I am done and that cover is a great idea! You are so clever and so talented.

Love & blessings,

Debbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...