Monday, August 19, 2013

A Fun Trip to the L.A. Flower Mart!

We are finally back from our five week tour and I knew I would arrive home with my feet running! It's just one month now until my daughter Jaime's wedding! My daughter Jessica had been planning a bridal shower for Jaime since she is the Maid of Honor. 
We had to make an early morning trip to the L.A. Flower Market on the day of the shower! It was still dark out when we left home and the sun was just coming up when we arrived! This place is absolutely amazing! Aren't these hydrangeas beautiful?
This was my first trip to the flower mart with Jessica and Collette. Jessica has been interning for Collette for almost two years now. Collette is an amazing floral designer and is frequently featured in many online wedding magazines!
Jessica is styling this bridal shower all by herself! She walked around the flower mart just like a pro thoughtfully choosing all the flowers for todays arrangements. I learned it takes a very good eye to choose just the right flowers.
My very sweet daughter Jessica (haha) and Collette from Brier Rose Designs.
I bought tons of succulents for shower favors! This is the best place to buy them! I will show you what we did with them and all the beautiful flower arrangements in my next post!



Blessings,


6 comments:

Amy Jo said...

As we are working on a wedding....I am enjoying seeing what you are doing.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Gina said...

That looks like a fantastic place for flowers! Beautiful!

NanaDiana said...

Janet- What a fun place to visit- and it does take a good eye to pull the flowers all together. Love the idea of succulents for favors- xo Diana

Musings from Kim K. said...

Welcome back home! I can't wait to see more pictures. Fabulous idea for succulents for favor gifts. Happy planning!

Julie said...

In all the years I lived in Southern Calif., I never knew about the LA Flower Mart. I'm driving down to OC for Labor Day weekend . . . I think my sister & I need to make a visit. Hope you have a great weekend, Janet.

Art and Sand said...

I have never gone to the LA Flower Mart, but have heard it is worth a visit.

I have been seeing so many decorating ideas with succulents lately and they make a great gift.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...